Stephensons Tea and Coffee House and Bed and Breakfast.
Reopening Safely Following Covid – 19 – What are we doing?
Stephensons Tea and Coffee House prides itself on extremely high quality hygiene standards at ALL times, however, we are taking many additional measures to ensure we do as much as we possibly can to keep both our customers and staff as safe as possible, during the reopening of our establishment following the Covid-19 Pandemic
Below are some of the key measures we have implemented for reopening.
- Initially, we will be operating a ‘Bookings Only’ system so we have control over the permitted number of customers in our establishment at any one time, and although our Coffee Shop rooms are large and there is plenty of space between tables, we will be able to give the required space between tables and chairs and still give customers plenty of additional space. This will also ensure the number of staff working in the kitchen to be at the minimum required distance from each other for the vast majority of the time.
- Bookings will be staggered to ensure safety in our public areas. We will also be wiping door handles, banisters, and other handles often touched, regularly and at set periods during the day, this will include additional regular cleaning of our toilet areas. We will be asking for your telephone number during the Booking process to enable us to assist with Track and Trace, if required.
- There will be a short period of time between breakfast finishing and lunch commencing, to allow us to ensure all tables, handles, hand rails etc have been cleaned using antibacterial spray/wipes. All menus will also be sanitised after each use.
- On arrival, and leaving, customers will be asked to be aware of people on our stairway and ‘give way’ where necessary. Hand sanitiser is available for customer use on arrival.
- All cutlery, glasses, crockery etc is always washed in a dishwasher with temperatures over 86ºC. This also includes virtually all of our preparation and cooking utensils too.
- Condiments and sugar bowls have currently been removed from tables. We will bring condiments with food and sugar with hot drinks. This does allow us to keep these items clean for your use. Fresh flowers have also been removed (for the moment), enjoy our new redecoration and colour scheme instead.
- We will be asking customers to be aware if anyone else has left the room to use our toilet facilities, and to await their return, to avoid queuing in a smaller area.
- Either cash or card payments are accepted. If cash, staff will provide a plate and will then process the transaction. If card, this can be done at the counter whist observing social distancing rules.
Customers will continue to enjoy our Award Winning service from the Stephensons Team, and eat food that is homemade, using locally sourced foods wherever possible.
We have always received a 5 Rating for Food Hygiene during our annual inspection by the Chesterfield Borough Council Environmental Health Team; however, please take our reassurance, that numerous additional measures have been implemented into our daily routines. Either myself, or Sam will be happy to discuss the list, which is quite extensive.
We look forward to seeing you all,
Claire (owner), Sam and the Stephensons Team